7.16.2006

Eleanor

"Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair.
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."-dylan

It's hard to know the right path when you're not sure it exists. The world is filled with uphill scraps, and noble are those--the career soldiers--who meet them with Sisyphean resolve.

I've always considered myself a supporter of causes, guardian of principle, fighter of the good fight, so forth. But I'm no martyr; not these days, anyway. While far from weak and worried, a weekend warrior I've become.

I came to New York to change the world, and I'll leave it knowing life is more important.

Thank you for your words.

No comments: